Thursday, February 25, 2010

justWEIGHT – Feb. 25 – Week #8 – Day #4 (Day 56 of 365 – same weight) Total loss 8.4, 43.6 to go!


When all is said and done, The Turtle Wins The Race. We have been taught that since we were small children through the story of the Tortoise and the Hare. The same certainly holds true for weight loss. In 1996 I lost 42 pounds in 4 months. You know, one of those quick weight loss programs. It worked. What I also lost, though, was half my hair. I went to get my hair cut about half way through that diet plan and my hairdresser was combing mounds of detached hair off my head and told me she had several clients with the same problem on the same high protein, low carb diet. I also had several severe shooting pains in my chest. And, you guessed it. One year later I had gained that 42 pounds back plus five. Slow and easy. It’s not as exciting, but it gets the job done in a healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment