Wednesday, February 10, 2010

justWEIGHT – Feb. 10 - Week #6 – Day #6 (Day 41 of 365 – same weight today) Total loss 8.0 lbs, 44.0 to go!


Patience is today’s encourager. I have one more day on the road, then return home, which thus far in these first 41 days of the justWEIGHT plan, home has proven to be my only refuge. It is my safe haven, my sanctuary for self control. Yes, I do see that it is a problem. I’m working on it. Actually, being out of the house is not as big a problem as using the excuse of the influence I let other people have over what goes in my mouth. Is that ridiculous? Yes. It’s the trap of looking at a salad on the menu and having a friend say, “Oh you have to try the fried catfish. It’s absolutely the best thing you ever put in your mouth.” I’m a guest, right? I want to be invited back, right? As I am typing this I am already worrying about next weekend. Friends….. Okay, get a grip. The now 44 pounds I have left to lose over the next 324 days will not just “excuse” away. I am going to have to fight for it. I am going to have to have enough patience to follow this plan. There is not a single item that cannot be substituted with a proper food or left off completely. Now, I am not a nutritionist, but I do know carrying around this much extra weight is not going to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment