Friday, February 12, 2010

justWEIGHT – Feb. 12 - Week #7 – Day #1 (Day 43 of 365 – lost .2 today) Total loss 8.2, 43.8 to go!


Well, well, well. Miracle of miracles. I lost .6 pounds this week after all the whining. Perhaps some of this is actually sticking in my mind and I am subconsciously doing better than I had thought. You know, it’s just all about making those good choices. I am elated! Six weeks down, 43.8 to go and I am 2.2 pounds ahead of the game. It is still not a habit. It takes concentration every day. I owe a good deal of thanks to my dear friend, Martha. She is one of those “skinny eaters”, and therefore, believe it or not, thin, healthy and beautiful. She and her husband took me to a seafood restaurant for dinner Saturday. It was not a fancy restaurant and was chosen because they have televisions on every wall showing some type of sports. You know the type of place where you walk in the door and feel the grease sticking to your hair? I thought, oh boy, here I go again. Martha wasn’t even looking at the chalk boards boasting all the specials. She simply leaned over and said, “It’s all pretty good, but I get the grilled shrimp, spinach and applesauce.” I did, too. I was a skinny eater. She does not know I am on the justWEIGHT plan. She does not know it exists. That’s just the way she thinks every day. It was delicious, we all cheered for our team and went home happy. It was just not that hard. What a good lesson for me and an inspiration. I am back to my food guide roadmap and thought for the day. I’m in my comfort zone and will not leave them behind again. Oddly enough, today’s motivation…Portion Solution. Thank you, Martha, for a much needed lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment