Wednesday, January 27, 2010

justWEIGHT – Jan. 27 - Week #4, Day #6 (Day 27 of 365 – did not weigh) Total loss 6.6 lbs, 45.4 to go!


Lay Your Fork Down Between Bites – Perhaps the wording should have read “Lay Your Fork Down!” My husband and I have been in a Supper Club group for the past 18 years or so. In fact, we often spend time at this monthly gathering of scrumptious feasting trying to remember exactly how long we have been doing this. Several years ago we took a Supper Club group trip to Santa Fe and attended a cooking class with Chef Johnny Vee and learned the art of cooking Santa Fe Mexican food. Last night, the hosts for this month decided to duplicate that dinner which included cheese queso, guacamole, chips, margaritas, chicken enchiladas, rice, beans and ice cream tacos for dessert. Did I think one time about the justWeight plan? No! Did I think for a second about laying my fork down between bites? No! In fact, I am quite sure I left tongue prints on my plate. It was fun, delicious, social and a big part of our lives. I gave myself a break. I will have to pay for it. I did backslide, but that’s okay. I face the scale Friday morning and plan to follow the justWeight plan exactly. In fact, I think tomorrow will undo whatever damage I did today…..and it was worth it. Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment