Friday, January 29, 2010

justWEIGHT – Jan. 29 - Week #5, Day #1 (Day 29 of 365 – weighed the same) Total loss 6.6 lbs, 45.4 to go!


Appreciate Your Family … the perfect thought for the day for me. Not weighing every day is not going to work for me. I practically broke out in a sweat and my heart was racing as I approached the scale this morning. My anxiety was unbelievable! The relief I felt when realizing I was exactly the same as last Friday morning was so comforting until I realized I only lost .4 during week #3 of the justWeight plan and nothing at all this week. I am still a little over two pounds ahead of my “lose a pound a week” goal for this year, but that lead is rapidly diminishing. And, it’s not about last week or the week before that. It’s about today and about tomorrow and about the rest of my life. Feeling very disappointed in myself I trudged into the bedroom and made a bold statement to my husband that I was failing miserably! Very cautiously, he said, “Must have been the Chinese and Mexican food…or could have been the chocolate cake and ice cream. You did have a lot of uncontrollable meals…seemed like we ate out all week. This week will be better.” Sweet? Yes. But, not only had I been making excuses for myself all week, but now he was making excuses for me as well. “Don’t make excuses for me. I need a coach!” was my response. I’m sure he left for work shaking his head and wondering how this somehow ended up being his fault. I’m right, I do need a coach, but that coach has to be me. I do appreciate my family. It’s that wonderful, unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment