Thursday, January 28, 2010

justWEIGHT – Jan. 28 - Week #4, Day #7 (Day 28 of 365 – did not weigh) Total loss 6.6 lbs, 45.4 to go!


Looking back over the week, I think I have to admit failure. Rationalization tricks us into thinking something is okay when in actuality we know it is not. I let myself slide almost every day over one excuse or another. I’m struggling here. If you are reading this you understand. If you are a “dieter”, you understand. Having company, social events, don’t want to make people uncomfortable, don’t want to be a party pooper, don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. All those excuses are valid, but the truth is, you c-a-n at least maintain your weight in all these situations. Do you honestly think everyone in the room is looking at your plate and how much you are eating? That might be true if you put one dab on your plate or if you fill it to the point it is falling over the edge, but small amounts of several food items draw no attention. And, if you leave a few bites of each food on your plate, no one will think a thing about it. Throwing caution to the wind will land you in the middle of a tornado! I can feel it. I fear tomorrow morning will not be pleasant. Love Yourself sounds pretty simple. Today I had to really work on it, but decided I do love myself enough to get real and stop making these rationalizations. Healthy eating is just that…..healthy eating. My lesson at the end of this first four weeks is that I must learn that I can conquer anything one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment