Monday, March 15, 2010

justWEIGHT – Mar. 15 – Week #11 – Day #1(Day 74 of 365 – lost .4) Total loss 10.4 lbs, 41.6 to go!

Shop Smart – On the justWEIGHTplan, I have discovered the majority of the recommended food items are on the outside perimeter of the grocery store…produce, dairy, meat, fish, poultry. With my shopping list in hand, it’s quick and easy to make that round and only hit the occasional isle for cereals, pastas, canned items, toiletries, etc. I am saving time and money which is very important to me. But the biggest advantage is that I am not wandering up and down and impulsively buying food that “looks” yummy. Who are we kidding? If it looks yummy in the store, it will no doubt look yummier at home. How many times have I bought those bakery sugar cookies with the bright colored icing? Now be honest. You know the ones. They absolutely dissolve in your mouth without chewing. I bring them home promising myself I will just eat one and freeze the rest. Guess what? They are just as good frozen. Actually, they have so much shorting they don’t even freeze hard! I would have eaten three before that devil in me even started chuckling. No more. I have learned to shop smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment