Tuesday, March 2, 2010

justWEIGHT – Mar. 2 – Week #9 – Day #2 (Day 61 of 365 – gained 1.4) Total loss 8.8, 43.2 to go!

As I have mentioned in an earlier blog, our worst enemy is “the Feeder”. It turns out the Feeder is any person you are around that encourages you to eat things you are not supposed to eat. They are sabotage extraordinaire! I had one of those days today feeling pretty cocky about doing so well and ate just a couple of cookies and a hand full of almonds this afternoon because I was going to dinner with girlfriends for one of their birthdays and knew in the back of my mind that I would over-indulge tonight anyway and maybe, just maybe, this extra snack would curb my appetite. Sound familiar? Rationalization is amazing when you are arguing with yourself. One friend called and asked if I wanted to meet her early and have a glass of wine while we waited, and being the good friend that I am, said of course. The special at the restaurant was nothing I could even begin to substitute for today’s menu, but it sounded so incredible and came with dessert! How could I say no? Gaining 1.4 pounds, that’s how. Yes, that’s correct, 1.4. Stay Away From “The Feeder” should have been on my mind all day. The wake-up call here is that the “Feeder” is the weak side of me. I’ve got to get away from that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment